- We strongly recommend you wear watershoes or sandals with straps that go around your ankle. Flip Flops are not recommended.
- Snacks and drinks are suggested, but please, NO GLASS!
- Sunscreen, a hat, or sunglasses are also suggested.
- A waterproof phone case will be provided if you rent a boat and post a picture tagging Cadron Creek Outfitters. We have them for sale if you do not wish to post on social media.
Do you have any tips to share?
Be prepared to get wet.
Cadron Creek is constantly changing, washing away old obstacles and creating new ones. Be especially cautious around downed trees. Canoes cannot run tree hazards and strainers so avoid these at all times. Portage if necessary -- even if it means you must drag a boat overland through the woods.
Keeping warm is important. Blue jeans will NOT keep you warm if they are wet -- and they will be! If it is chilly bring fleece, wool and polypro. A waterproof bag with dry clothes can certainly be nice.
There are no bigger hazards on the Cadron than a mismatch between the river's challenges and the paddler's abilities. Make good decisions and don't overestimate your skills. If you want to try out kayaking in a slow moving body of water without rapids, we recommend you check out Rock Town River Outfitters in Little Rock. Sam and his dog Grizz will take good care of you!
What other rules should we know about?
- Reservations - Reservations are strongly recommended. Reserve your boat on this site or your campsite/cabin through our hipcamp site to ensure availability.
- Refunds - A full refund will be made with at least 5-day notice in advance of the scheduled trip or if the river is deemed "too high" ( > 5 feet) or "too low" ( < 1.5 feet)
- Renter Liability - Renters are responsible for the care of the boats and equipment until they are back in our possession.
- Responsibility - We will provide you with the best equipment in advance; however, once you leave the shore your skill and good judgment must take over. We do not assume any responsibility for your safety so please exercise caution. Guests agree to the terms and conditions before checkout and will be asked to sign an additional paper waver in person.
- Age Restrictions - No children under 4 years old are allowed in our rental boats at any time. No one under 8 years old is allowed in the boat if the river is over 4 feet. And no one under 16 is allowed to float without adult supervision.
- Pets - We love pets so long as they are not a menace to man, child, other pets and wildlife on our property. You are responsible for ensuring your pet behaves so that we don't have to ask you to leave.
Do I have to sign a waver?
You and all parties you pay for agree to the following:
- Canoeing, kayaking, paddling, ziplining, climbing, backpacking, axe tossing, disc golfing and swimming are hazardous activities and despite the exercise of due care, personal injuries or death may occur in these activities.
- In recognition of these risks on behalf of myself, my heirs, successors and assigns, I do hereby release, waive, discharge, and promise not to sue Cadron Creek Outfitters, its owners, employees and agents, from liability from any and all claims, including negligence, resulting in personal injury (including death), accidents or illnesses, and property loss, in connection with my participation what is considered to be a hazardous activity.
- I assume all risks and accept complete responsibility for any and all damages and injuries of every kind that either I and/or my dependents may incur while paddling, hiking, climbing, ziplining, axe tossing, disc golfing and venturing within and on properties owned, leased or maintained by Cadron Creek Outfitters.
- I am personally responsible for obtaining instruction in the use of all equipment provided by Cadron Creek Outfitters and I further certify that I am familiar with and trained in their use. I assume full responsibility for the loss or damage of all equipment provided to me by Cadron Creek Outfitters.
- No glass containers will be taken on any boat. Littering is strictly Prohibited.